Your flooring options are plentiful and not limited by material, regardless of your budget, lifestyle, decorating style, or home space. In other words, you can choose hardwood even though your subfloors are concrete, carpet if you have pets, and so on.
Richwell Carpet & Cabinets Center, a flooring company in Ottumwa, Iowa, is the place to find a wide variety of trendy styles.
Luxury vinyl adapts to a homeowner's needs, so if you're a practical, no-fuss person who wants easy-clean, low-maintenance floors, choose vinyl planks or tiles.
Top brands repel water and have a tough surface layer that protects the wood, ceramic, concrete, or stone image layer from stains and scratches. Instead, opt for a floating floor, glue-down, or loose-lay style.
When shopping for new floors, be prepared to compare all materials in various colors and designs. First, think about the function of the upgraded home space, who will be using that space, and how often it will be used.
Budget-friendly carpeting may be best until the kids are older, and trendy wood-look tile may be ideal for a game room. Of course, investing in hardwood floors always makes sense.
Overview of materials
Here are a few characteristics of popular materials for new floors:
● Solid hardwood - must be nailed to a wood subfloor; textured styles are popular
● Engineered wood - tolerates moisture; floors ‘float’ over a variety of subfloors
● Carpet - wide range of products, including brands that offer pet-friendly warranties
● Laminate - always warm underfoot; standard and waterproof brands are available
● Natural stone - granite is the most durable stone; floors must be resealed periodically
Start your flooring search here!
Family-owned Richwell Carpet & Cabinets Center sells and installs new flooring in homes and businesses in Oskaloosa, Fairfield, Bloomfield, Albia, and nearby Iowa communities.
Our flooring store is a one-stop shop that offers design consultation, free in-home measurements, and much more. Please stop by our showroom in Ottumwa to begin your flooring upgrade.